GE 32" TV HOT overheating.

Model # 32GT660 YX1, chassis # CTC187CN3. Unit had bad connection @ horizontal drive transformer, & horizontal output (BUH517) was shorted. Replaced with original part, & soldered the horizontal drive, checked, C4303 smt cap, & R4402 resistor, can't locate anything bad. My scope is out of commission. Any tips I missed on this one? Pix is perfect, & flyback shows not available as an original. Thanks, Dani.

Reply to
Dani

You could try replacing any electrolytics in the vicinity or along the B+ line, I've seen that cause an overheated HOT. That can be a really frustrating problem to track down without a scope.

Reply to
James Sweet

Check all the electrolytic caps and diodes in the area of the horiz output secondary supply. There is also a strong possibility that the flyback transformer also failed. I have seen this in these types of TV sets.

--

Jerry G.