Depotted electr. ignition controller, need to ID a part

Taking apart an old CDI ignition system to revive it, am having trouble ID'ing a Fujitsu 14-pin DIP.

PN is MB4213

Any help much appreciated

BTW, it had a slightly-harder-than RTV potting compound that yielded nicely to a heat gun- it got crumbly when heated, returns to being tough when cool.

Dave

Reply to
spamTHISbrp

While I can't help you ID that part, I will say that experience has taught me that the hard to find/test or otherwise exotic part in a device is rarely the problem. Did you check all the simple stuff first?

Reply to
James Sweet

My 1st goal (pure curiosity) is to group the parts into the main subsystems- I'm pretty sure they are a 12VDC to 100VAC (or so) inverter, an RPM sensor (built out of discretes), an advance mechanism, power storage section, and of course the trigger that shoots the juice to the coil.

Probably the RPM/advance stuff is something clever, a few discretes and probably the IC.

Dave

Reply to
spamTHISbrp

Hi Dave...

Google MB4213 and you'll get several hits... hope that one or more are helpful.

Take care.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel

My google-fu is fair, but alas, none are matches.

I believe this was prob. an OEM inly part.

Dave

Reply to
spamTHISbrp

Here's a schematic showing an MB4213 in an ignition module:

It's an ignition control chip: sensor in, pulse out to spark circuit.

Reply to
spam