Gas Cooker Power Output

If you used a propane orifice with natural gas the thermal output would be less. The fact that you were sold a returned unit indicates that a previous customer had a problem and sent it back. Now it's your turn, and I suggest you complain loudly about unscrupulous businesses that knowingly sell defective merchandise.

PlainBill

Reply to
PlainBill

Then I wouldn't buy any crap from that OEM.

Typical of the nanny state, that you can't even verify the right components were used to put it together.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

ungli jigal talks about the story of four years life "Engineering Student"

subscribe for more footages.

Reply to
Jainee Singh
6dnavUqbbwXIDNnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com...

r is

on

id=3D4

When I googled this model number, a lot of what we would call "closeout" or "floor models" show up. Was this sold at a clearance price? Floor models may have been jostled, and perhaps damaged.

Is it usual for a gas cooker not to have a back? I always worry about the chance of spills falling down the back. I've seen stoves on the Continent with hinged lids, that act as a back splash during cooking.

ly%20work%20on%...

At least on my old gas stove, I can replace burners and the ducts leading from the control knobs to the burners. Hooking up appliances to existing gas valves is well within every homeowner's skill set, although the utility would like to check your work.

Reply to
spamtrap1888

Kf6dnavUqbbwXIDNnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com...

ker is

ner

on on

i?id=3D4

ally%20work%20on%...

Poking around a little more: Funny that the makers of freestanding hobs specify the power output of their burners, even boasting of their high power wok burners.

I can't believe that brits are drawn to a brand called "Smeg" however.

Reply to
spamtrap1888

Why not? After all, many American parents have named their son John - which IS a slang term for a toilet.

PlainBill

Reply to
PlainBill

It's an initialization of "Smalterie Metallurgiche Emiliane Guastalla".

There used to be ads showing a boy delighted at the delivery of a Wurlitzer musical instrument: "Gee, dad, it's a Wurlizter!".

I can imagine a comparable ad with a girl enthusing about the new kitchen appliance: "Wow! It's a Smeg, ma!".

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

Here's what can happen if you don't do it properly and nobody has checked your work:

The shop sent a fitter today to inspect the cooker - he didn't at first believe what I was trying to tell him, and was trying to tell me how to operate a gas oven, but got it in the end.

He had no test equipment with him, but did manage to blow a load of crud out of the flexible supply tube into his eye. This made no difference to the performance of the oven, or his eye, thankfully, and he eventually agreed the appliance is faulty, and I shall be getting another one.

So, none the wiser, really, as on questioning I soon realised he wasn't going to be able to diagnose any further than "it's broke, mate".

Gareth.

Reply to
Gareth Magennis

n%...

Good point, but I have a couple of reservations:

Service and repair requires a much higher skill level than merely hooking something up.

The story includes far too much of the neighbor's rocky relationship with his girlfriend, including jail time, for the boiler repair to be completely unrelated.

ud

Sediment in natural gas is not uncommon in the US. Appliances should contain a debris trap for the sediment to fall into. Failing that, the pipe installer should add one in front of the valve.

be

Good. I hate to pay good money for something that doesn't work 100%.

Is he one of those elite "Gas Safe" fitters?

Reply to
spamtrap1888

I can. We had a car model which translates into 'wanker'

For some odd reason it didn't sell too well in areas where that language is the norm.

Reply to
Rod Speed

messagenews:Kf6dnavUqbbwXIDNnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com...

so.http://www.gassaferegister.co.uk/pdf/Who%20can%20legally%20work%20on%.= ..

Do you think there might be a reason for that?

Not any more. That is why the regulations changed. Too damn few can be trusted to plug in an electrical appliance successfully any more.

?-/

Reply to
josephkk