Fridge door won't close

Fridge door won't close properly. It closes but then pops open an inch. If you give it a hard nudge sometimes it stays closed, but even then the top corner has a gap. Any ideas? I can't replace the fridge, it belongs to my landlord.

Reply to
32andtwentyseven

Mine did that, the magnetic rubber seal on the hinge edge of the door was gripping instead of sliding as the door closed the last inch. What I did was give it a squirt of GT85 - its like WD40/Plusgas but with added PTFE (Don't get any on the tops of your cans of beer - it tastes disgusting!).

Reply to
ian field

It means you have too much food in your refrigerator d*****ad.

I have sent an abuse complaint to snipped-for-privacy@google.com for several reasons:

[1] This is sci.electronics.repair, and a refrigerator is not an electronic device, it is an appliance. Your question should have been asked in alt.home.repair. [2] You can replace the fridge, just buy another one. Repairing it is not your responsibility, it is your landlords. So why are you even asking such a question when you should be reporting the problem to your landlord in the firstplace?????
Reply to
Lynn

Interesting... I'll remember that trick if it ever happens to me.

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

Running out of things to do in Germany?

Reply to
PeterD

I'd let the Landlord deal with it. You pay him rent - it's part of "his" property - SOooooooooo.

Reply to
radiosrfun

I have sent an abuse complaint to your ISP on the grounds that you have too few brain cells to operate a computer.

--
Linux Registered User # 302622
Reply to

**Adjust the door hinges.

Trevor Wilson

Reply to
Trevor Wilson

You can do that.

But, You can not eat and you're not going to play your wretched Glen Houston shit.

Reply to
Lynn