Fluke 123 Scopemeter

My Fluke 123 Scopemeter has developed both horizontal and vertical lines in the display to the point that I can no longer read it. When I called Fluke, they made it sound like a common problem, but their base bench fee is $552.00 for repair. Any ideas?

Thanks, John

Reply to
JP

If the lines look like the unpowered display background, it might just be dirt or corrosion in the LCD contact area. This seems especially likely as you're seeing problems in both axis. Take it apart and clean the connections.

No suggestions on where else to get it repaired. You might want to ask around if this really is a common problem. If it is, then there should be a ready supply of users with similar issues that might give you a clue as to what's necessary. However, I did some quick Googling for similar postings and found nothing useful.

Note that you can buy a replacement meter for the repair costs:

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com