Plasma TV repair tips?

I have a 42" HP PE4240N 42V6 set that was damaged in a power outage. The screen displays (with cable channel input) colored vertical lines with no controlled horizontal lines or differentiation. Basically is like there is no synchronoous horizontal addressing - if I set it for no input signal but channel display I see blue background with white vertical bars where the channel would be displayed. Sound is fine. Can anyone advise which boards would be the problem? I have read that it would be the YSUS and Ydriver boards but also another guy said no it was the CTL and XL/XR boards. All the "how does a plasma work" stuff on the net describes the tube with no relation to how these boards function. If I get correctly addressed vertical lines but no horizontal definition does that indicate the CTL and XL/R boards? All the screen is lit so I doubt it is a COF issue or tube issue. The service docs for these sets is really poor (I haven't found one by HP but it looks like this is really made by LG). Any reference to screen displays vs board fault would be appreciated. I can't afford to buy the wrong boards. Looks like plasma is out of date now anyway and I got this set for $130. Thanks, Barry.

Reply to
bklein

Did you check all the outputs of the power supply? If the problem occurred after a power outage that's where I'd start. The boards may be fine, just not getting one or more of the voltages they require.

Reply to
James Sweet

Yes, I agree - the supply would be the first place to look - but it all looks fine as far as I can tell. No manual so I have to just test whatever I see called out on the board.

Reply to
bklein