Flash Memory Chip ID

I have a [free] "fake" 8GB flash drive that 'd like to reformat correctly. The controller is a MW6208E but the chip ID's incorrectly. I have several programs to reformat correctly but I can't figure out the true capacity. The only markings on the meory chip are "M8XJ2P73QH" Anyone know who made that chip or its capacity? Thank you.

Reply to
John Keiser

On Tue, 30 Jun 2009 04:41:55 -1000, "John Keiser" put finger to keyboard and composed:

The memory chip's p/n is probably fake, too.

This is the software that the author recommends for testing the capacity of the pen drive:

To find which controller chip is used:

Flashing tool:

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Reply to
John Keiser

Could even be a broken Jscript on the page. In Firefox and IE6 it still redirects as of right now, but turn of JS or go to Hi security in IE6 I can see your page. Yes searchacross needs to be in "hosts" for sure. Hard to keep up with all the garbage out there.

Good looking page. I hate using web authoring tools that add soo much script and ads that debugging becomes a nightmare. Notepad and a few tags do just fine for me and I sruce up as I go.

Thanks for the info. I have a SD card that used to be a 2G until I formatted it in my old camera. Now it's a 1G and no utility I have tried will make it a 2G again. I could have sent it back to K'ston but it would have cost me shipping.

Reply to
JB

A little off topic; I had a small page on a free server but they would add more and more java script for all kinds of advertising and finally popovers. My answer was to put a java redirect at the top of the page to another free server. If the viewer left JS off, no problem. If they turned it on, no problem.

Reply to
JB

JB Inscribed thus:

You should be able to reformat that back to its full size.

--
Best Regards:
                Baron.