FA: *New* Tek 465B scope

For Auction: A *New* Tekttronix 465B oscilloscope:

( To the best of our knowledge, it's been used less than one hour, see link for the fascinating details )

Reply to
Ancient_Hacker

A 30 year old instrument used less than an hour ! I have a bridge in Brooklyn.....................

Reply to
carneyke

Possibly. But if it's working to spec it's still a fine 'scope. At the right price. Wouldn't be without mine...

--
*What was the best thing before sliced bread? *

                  To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

"carneyke" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

I suppose it's possible;there was a company that had bought mil surplus Fluke 5200A AC calibrators and was selling them,they had been bought by the USG and stored in warehouses,unused,new in box.

Now the fact that this 465B is without cabinet makes me wonder. Every 465B was shipped with a cabinet.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Bullshit, it's not in the original packing, the packing isn't even present, and they don't know where it's been for the last 20-30 years, it's *not* new and to say it is is flat out lying. Nice scope yes, but new, no way.

Reply to
James Sweet

Its USED..Look at the dings on it casing.

kip

Fellas, please read the whole auction posting before going off half-cocked. A few of the above comments are uninformed.

Reply to
Ancient_Hacker

Well, a nice Tek 465B scope.

These kind shows up here on the marketplaces in the same NOS conditon

1-2 scopes per week ansd sell for 100 - 150 $. All government surplus. So, why making so many words & steam for a scope you can get in same condition so easily and often?

hth, Andreas

Reply to
tekman

I know, it's a bit weird, but here's the history:

I've sold about 140 scopes over the last eight years. About 30 of them were 465's. Almost all the 465's arrive in really worn condition-- bent knob shafts, missing or broken knobs, worn pushbutton markings, scratched voltage selector markings, missing handles, scratchy pots, worn dentents on the sweep speed knob, shorted tantalums, corroded input attenuator plug-in pins, worn out fan motor, scratched CRT graticule, dirt ground into the older porous CRT bezels, banged-up cases, intermittent ac/dc/gnd switches, burnt-out graticule illumination bulbs, dried-up power supply capacitors, half-open bridge rectifiers, bent BNC jacks, and other horrors I'd rather not dredge up.

On the other hand, I've run across just TWO scopes in this like-new condition. No others came even close to being in this condition..

The first new-like one also arrrived without a case or power cord. That one, once I added a power cord and case, sold about two years ago IIRC for $685, and the buyer was happy with the deal. Apparently there are folks out there that see more value in these old but like-new scopes. You of course are perfectly entitled to have your own opinion! :)

Regards,

George

Reply to
Ancient_Hacker

I don't know where you find them in that condition for $100, I paid close to $300 for one in good but not perfect condition, granted it was a couple years ago but most were selling for significantly more at the time. The 465B is still one of the finest analog scopes ever made IMO.

Reply to
James Sweet

I bought a 465 a while back on ebay for a buck, (granted, a 465m), with "vertical attenuator problems". One of the vertical deflection wires was broken. I love it though. I also have two t-935a's (one good one and a junk one). Bought both for under 20 bucks. Love it also. I don't really like digital storage scopes, but I haven't had the chance to check out the digital phosphor scopes, anyone have any opinions on these as compared to analog scopes? I want to know from real world people if they're all they're cracked up to be.

Steve

Reply to
cajuncalibration

"" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

465M is not related at all to the 465. It's closer to a 455.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik