MISSING: Bob's ESR meter ??

** Just went to find the link for Bob Parker's ESR meter.

It's vanished.

???????????

........... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Works for me:

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

** No - I was alluding to the DSE site for the (only) kit.

Seems DSE was doing repairs on the site and the kits pages were fluky.

............ Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Once again, works for me:

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

"David L. Jones"

** So you cannot read ?

............ Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

** Hey f****it - that is the link that one needs to find !!!!!!

Go to the DSE homepage and put " K 7214 " in the search box.

Most of the time it comes up dead.

So does using "esr" or "esr meter"

Capice ??

.......... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Not quite... Searching for "K7214" or "esr" or "esr meter" gives zero matches but it DOES give you a "related search" link to "K7214", "esr meter" and others which get you there.

If you click on the "K7214" or "esr meter" link and then try to search for "esr" or "esr meter" again, it works fine from then on! So there is obviously some cookie initialisation thing or something like that wrong with the search engine. The DSE search facility has always been silly, what's new?

Having a bad day are we Phil?

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

Priceless :-)

Reply to
Alan Rutlidge

Just out of curiosity I went to

& tried "K7214", "esr" & "esr meter" ..... every one of them came up with a picture of the Bob Parker ESR meter.

stanblaz@netspace.net.au
Stan Blazejewski

Thanks for your concern Phil. :) If you go to the DSE NZ website and look for that kit, you'll find that it's shown as "Clearance product, stock is limited" like about 50% of their kits seem to be now. My feeling that DSE Aust will follow their Kiwi counterparts. Gary Johnston (Jaycar) must be drooling that DSE is sending all the electronics hobbyists to his stores. Even if they don't buy resistors and caps, there are still plenty of "Faraday torches" and weird pencil sharpeners etc etc to spend their dollars on.

Regards Bob

Reply to
Bob Parker

"Bob Parker"

** It was out of genuine concern for the welfare of the service industry that I posted.

Glad it was a false alarm.

** A sign of the times ......

** But shamefully - no Bob Parker ESR meters !!

........... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

"Stan Blazejewski"

** Each one failed, just now, when I tried.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

hey bob, i just want to say, i built one of your esr meter kits (from tricky dicky, the series one unit), & it's a brilliant piece of kit - it literally paid for itself on the very next job i did after i'd built it.

thanks heaps!

cheers,

tc.

Reply to
timbo

G'day Tim, Thanks for your positive feedback! It's nice to know that even almost 10 years (really!) since the original meter came out in EA, that other service people are still using (and buying) them. It sorta makes me feel like I've done something useful for my fellow technicians and electronics enthusiasts. The MK2 version isn't really very different to the original one, as you know... :-)

Cheers Bob

Reply to
Bob Parker

Thanks Phil! If DSE completely pulls out of the real nuts & bolts electronics market which Dick himself targetted before Woolies took over, which I think is inevitable, maybe Jaycar will start making ESR meter kits again? :-)

Regards Bob

Reply to
Bob Parker

On 7 Oct 2005 01:27:13 -0700, "David L. Jones" put finger to keyboard and composed:

I don't know why but the first search will be successful if you avoid "All of Site" in the drop down list.

-- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

"Franc Zabkar"

** Even if you click "Product Categories" - "Kitsets" - "Kitsets - Test Equipment" there is still no sign of the ESR meter.

It was when I got to that stage yesterday that I decided to post the MISSING query here.

........... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

I looked at both kits in DSE yesterday, and the MK1 was advertised as "ESR and low ohms meter", whereas MK2 said only ESR. Is that just a labelling thing, and MK2 does low ohms also? MK2 was a bit more expensive, and I thought I'd postpone the decision until after I'd asked. I don't have an immediate need, but if/when I did need one, it'd be nice to have a kit with panels etc... so I thought I'd grab one in case DSE drop it.

Clifford Heath.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

"Clifford Heath"

** The Mk 2 is simply known a the "ESR Meter " .

Like its predecessor, it will measure low ohm resistors (

Reply to
Phil Allison