ES1488 ("AudioDrive") soundcard IC - INFO WANTED [QFP52 package, ISA-bus signals!]

Hi. Excuse me if this is the wrong newsgroup to ask, but I'm looking for a datasheet on the ES1488 (or even ES488), a SoundBlaster (tm) compatible chip, used in early laptops.... Made by ESS, it was one of the first in their "AudioDrive" (tm) series. Just the pinout will do to get me started!

Have asked ESS directly, but no joy - surprise, surprise... :-( And have tried "Wayback Archive", but found only ES688, ES18xx - no good: bigger packages.

Any help much appreciated.

- Mark Crumpton

Reply to
crumpton69

crumpton69

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

As stated, I've already tried ESS, but no response :-( Have you ever tried getting info on a 10-year old product from a semiconductor manufacturer? - they regard 2-3 year-old stuff as obsolete... and often disavow having ever made the really old stuff!

- Mark.

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Reply to
crumpton69

Dear Mark,

We may able to supply the ESS ES1488 and ES488F for you.

Can you pleased tell us if you are interested ?

Waiting for your idea !

-- Patrick Cheung townt.com Address : 1805, Wu Sang House, 655 Nathan Road, Mongkok, Kowloon, Hong Kong Tel : +852-25055838 Fax : +852-25058121 E-mail : snipped-for-privacy@towntarget.com.hk Web-site :

or

???????: snipped-for-privacy@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Patrick - townt.com