electronic sawing machine foot pad

My machine has been over heating lately making it difficult to use. I opened the pad and only sae a white plastic block and a carbon rod protruding from it how can i get to fix this problem of over heating?

Reply to
tace

The pad is nothing but a simple variable resistor, if it directly controls the motor then it's normal for it to get hot as the pedal is burning up the extra power to make the motor run slower. You could drastically improve efficiency and low end torque by adding a PWM drive circuit for the motor controlled by the pedal resistor. If something else is overheating then the motor is probably overloaded.

Reply to
James Sweet

Reply to
Bennett Price

thank you very much for the help. but the problem is continuing. I changed the pad and took another one from a different machine and still it is overheating and is very uncomfortable to step on when sewing

Reply to
tace

Obviously the motor is drawing too much current, it's either mechanically binding or the motor is bad. As I said earlier, the pedal is nothing but a resistor in many machines, the only thing that will cause it to overheat is too much load.

Reply to
James Sweet