DVD Won't Play through VCR

I recently bought a cheap DVD player, and was trying to use it through a VCR, to allow it to play on an older TV with no A/V jacks. It comes through but the picture cycles between light and dark, and loses both horizontal and vertical sync every few seconds. Works fine when connected directly to the A/V jacks of a newer TV. Is this some kind of copy protection, and is there any way around it? Thanks.

Reply to
Chris F.

through

and

there

I just picked up (2) of the 'Stabilizers' from London Drugs, Canada. S-Video in, RCA out, runs off a 9 volt battery and all for $9.99 (reduced from $49.99). Can't beat that!

NSM