Disposable Televisions

Have a six month old tv that has gotten too "green." Anyone know where I might find a representative schematic of a modern CRT circuit so that I could ponder the addition of a bias pot to the green channel? Thanks.

Reply to
galt_57

Does your TV have a Make and Model ??

Reply to
kip

Warranty repair. Do not open up the tv and void your warranty.

Reply to
dkuhajda

Make? Model? Chassis #?

Tom

Reply to
Tom MacIntyre

The brand is ``disposable`` i know the ones :-)

Reply to
Ken G.

RCA 14F512T

It's a little

Reply to
galt_57

If the TV came with a one year warranty, I'd at least submit a claim. Many manufacturers junk stuff under warranty and replace it with new units.

Usually I try to buy most cheap electronics at either Sam's Club or Costco. Prices are usually the lowest found in retail and their return policies are unlimited unless it's computer or food items.

Reply to
basfm6

If it's just a little too green, you should be able to adjust it in the service menu. Modern TVs have all the adjustments made via an on screen menu, or computer interface instead of pots. I don't know off hand how to get into the service menu of that set, but someone else might be able to help you. Andy Cuffe

snipped-for-privacy@psu.edu

Reply to
Andy Cuffe

As Andy Cuffe wrote in a previous message, you could try going into the service menu of the set to try to see if the green color can be adjusted there. At this website they describe how to get into the service menu of an RCA TV (may or may not work for your model):

Just be aware that you might screw up the TV more than it already is by changing any of the settings there, so before changing anything write down what the value is, so you can change it back if it doesn't work.

Reply to
Mikey

That is very interesting. Thanks. So far I haven't gotten into service mode but maybe if I try enough key combinations... I might find it...

Reply to
galt_57

According to another thread, someone else's kids managed to accomplish it...

You also have to be concerned if it is the low or high green that is the problem, or both. If you can somehow get a gray scale pattern into the set, you'll be able to see this.

Tom

Reply to
Tom MacIntyre