Digital Caliper

Hi, does anyone know a schematic or a replacement pcb source of cheap 150mm Chinese digital calipers? 0-button and pc-readout-port are not working. It still measures; display, Inch/mm and On/Off are ok too. Thanks, Dirk

Reply to
PG1D/PA-11Ø12

LOL when was the last time you saw a schematic for a cheap Chinese anything?

Check the obvious like dirty connectors or cracked joints, otherwise buy a new one.

Reply to
James Sweet

"James Sweet" schreef in bericht news:MF93j.37118$ng.15021@trnddc08...

Hé James, this is sci.electronics.REPAIR, not sci.electronics.buynew ;-}

Reply to
PG1D/PA-11Ø12

If the device needs FCC type acceptance and the filer didn't request confidentiality, schematics are often available on 'gullfoss' (unfortunately digital calipers don't radiate much RF ;-) )

Michael

Reply to
msg

That's why I said check the obvious stuff, if the problem is not obvious, then you don't stand a chance. These things are truly not meant to be repaired, doesn't mean you won't succeed, but you won't find schematics or replacement parts.

Reply to
James Sweet

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 08:50:52 +0100, "PG1D/PA-11Ø12" put finger to keyboard and composed:

I recently obtained a circuit, exploded diagram, and a detailed how-it-works explanation for a $20 Chinese made gadget merely by downloading its patent info from the US patent office.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

"Franc Zabkar" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Thanks Franc! I visited Patentsonline and sofar only found the original European patent, but without diagrams. Will hav e another attempt. Dirk

Reply to
PG1D/PA-11Ø12

On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 12:07:06 +0100, "PG1D/PA-11Ø12" put finger to keyboard and composed:

I use this database:

If you register (free), then you will have access to the PDF versions.

There is also the United States Patent and Trademark Office web site:

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar