Determining plug size for SW radio power jack

I have a Sony protable SW receiver for which I would like to build a power supply. Trouble is determining the size of the plug needed. Since I only have the jack portion (in the radio) it's a bit hard to measure. I see the jack is yellow, aren't these color coded? If so, where can I find the corresponding mm size for a yellow jack?

TIA

Dan

Reply to
Dan

Ask in a Radio Shack? That's one question they MIGHT be able to answer.

NSM

Bring the radio with you, they might have that dealy with all the plugs on a ring.

Reply to
Gary J Tait

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 20:36:17 -0500, Dan put finger to keyboard and composed:

Is it an EAIJ type?

See

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Franc-Not sure if it is or not. Looks like I'm going to have to measure the jack. The list of sizes in yout link will help me determine the likely plug from those available, thanks.

Dan

Franc Zabkar wrote:

Reply to
Dan