Denon UDRA-90 help

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could tell me anything about the Denon UDRA-90 receiver amp? Searching through all the major search engines turns up zero info on it. It has a matching CD player UCD-90 which has a fault - it skips on the last track. Can anyone point me to anywhere that has info on this system?

Thanks.

Reply to
T N Nurse

Can't help you with info for it, but I work on these Denons from time to time (I seem to get lots of weird/unstandard faults turning up on them)

Luckily I think yours just wants a laser clean and servo settings tweak. The sled rod could need oiling, or the tracking servo is having difficulty with the more open 'grooves' at the end. Normally you can compensate for this by turning up the laser slightly !! too much and you shorten the diodes life.

Hope that helps AW

Reply to
JVC Dude

Someone give that man a cigar! Gave it a good clean including the sled rods which I gave a touch of light oil and it's working now!. One question though. The disk I was testing with was an 80 minute CDR. Can these sometimes cause problems for audio CD players?

Reply to
T N Nurse

Generally not, provided the player is in good condition. Philips models used to have problems with discs longer than the standard 74 minutes.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias