DENON AVR-1803 TROUBLESHOOTING HELP!!

I have a 5 year old denon avr-1803 receiver that has a problem. None of the video input jacks seem to be working - this is just the regular rca plug ones including all on the back and the aux one on the front - digital audio and svideo not affected. anyone with a clue to help?

Reply to
catsfan

Which output are you using to feed to the monitor or tv set? S-video or RCA? Tell us more.

Reply to
dkuhajda

s-video to the tv set; i have not used these jacks in a long time and unclear if they were in use in the past

Reply to
catsfan

s-video to the tv set; i have not used these jacks in a long time and unclear if they were in use in the past

Reply to
catsfan

So its possible you have it connected wrong ? Double check all versus the instruction manual.

Reply to
kip

That may be your problem right there. Check the owners manual to be sure but I don't think that unit will convert S-Video to Composite or the other way around. In other words if you feed video to the RCA inputs you must use the RCA outputs and if you use the S-Video inputs it will only feed the S-Video outs. Some units will do the conversion for you and others won't but I think that's your problem.

Reply to
Jumpster Jiver

Unit is working as designed. S-video in to s-video out, composite in to composite out. The receiver is only a switcher, not an s-video to composite converter.

Reply to
dkuhajda

you are a genius!!! many many thanks

Reply to