Delta Sources MG-600 Ultrasonic cleaner question

I'm trying to repair a Delta Sources MG-600 ultrasonic cleaner that blew its output transistors. The original devices are unmarked, and I need schematics or any information that would help me identify the device ratings needed to replace them.

I've tried installing MJ21194 transistors rated for 16A 250V 250W, but the unit only works for a few minutes before some of the devices short out and it blows the fuse.

If anyone has a source for technical information on this unit it would be greatly appreciated.

Neil

Reply to
Neil Preston

Neil-

Before you replace the transistors, you must fix the problem that is causing them to blow. It could be that the transducer has come loose from the tank, or has developed a crack, or anything that might cause the transducer's load impedance to become very low (excess current) or very high excess voltage).

Fred

Reply to
Fred McKenzie

Thanks for the info, Fred;

According to the customer, it was operated with little or no solution in the cleaning tank. It only lasted a few seconds before it failed. I'm hoping that wasn't enough time to damage the transducers. There are about 10 transducers mounted on the bottom of the tank, covered with some type of molded casing. I was guessing they were some form of coil, but not sure. Any other thoughts?

Neil

its

schematics

the