dead RF inputs on Toshiba TP50F90

My 50 inch projection TV doesn't seem to want to take a the feed once the cable is connected to either ANT1 or ANT2. The picture comes up with grey fuzzy dots as if the cable weren't plugged in at all. I was working a week ago before we had a power outage, but after the power came back on i it didn't work. It plays the vcr no problem but i get no signal from the cable. Can anyone give me any feedback as for what to do or have any clues as to how to fix the problem. It would be greatly appreciated.

Tks, Mario

Reply to
mar82is

Call a reputable repair shop to look into it. I would suspect that the tuner has been damaged. If not the tuner, then something in the RF or IF signal path. If you have no TV circuit diagnosis and repair experience, then you would be money ahead by calling the repair shop rather than attempting repair that you can't handle.

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net  (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

Life is like a roll of toilet paper; the closer to the end, the faster it goes.
Reply to
DaveM