DEAD RCA TV CTC168/169

My TV will not not come on, fuse is OK, I have no print, need some ideas where to look, 32 years electronic experience, but not with TV, help please Thanks

Reply to
ljm2276

Well give us the correct CTC number and Model Number and what diagnostics you have done so far...

Reply to
kip

The Model is F31700GG, chasis is marked CTC 168/169 All I have done so far is check the line fuse Thanks

Reply to
ljm2276

Ok Get out the DMM and start doing some checking ... Whats the standby Voltage on the HOT (Middle Pin) whilst plugged in BUT NOT turned on ? Whets the voltage on the start diode CR4118 ? You have to do some checking so we can be of help... Failing That ..Call a TV shop..

kip

Reply to
kip

Sorry Kip the chassis number is CTC169JS6 Thanks

Reply to
ljm2276

The voltage at the diode was 60 volts DC measured form the heat sink as ground, I am not sure where the center pin stand by voltage is measured from. Thanks for taking your time to help me.

Reply to
ljm2276

Use the tuner as ground for both the Cr4118 and HOT measurements.. Whilst plugged in BUT NOT switched on.

Reply to
kip

I can't find cr4118, it is cr118 on this unit I think. Voltage there is 0 also at tp4103 which is marked standby 15V it is also 0. I also noticed on the circuit board at SG1 and SG2 you can see where it has arced over at one time. Thanks

Reply to
ljm2276

Thanks Art, I pulled one cap off because it was showing shorted on the board, but was ok when I removed it. What are chopper, (resisrors)? Thanks

Reply to
ljm2276

ljm2276s: Absolutely no offense intended, but I am thinking that you are a little over your head here ... either have a tech friend with a little more recent repair experience and electronics knowledge help you or take it to a service shop for, at the very least, a repair cost estimate so you can make an intelligent repair decision with facts instead of Internet guesses. For lots of repair information you might want to visit the website for this newsgroup at

there with some searching you will find a wealth of repair information.

--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"ljm2276"  wrote in message
> Thanks Art, I pulled one cap off because it was showing shorted on the
> board, but was ok when I removed it. What are chopper, (resisrors)? Thanks

Reply to
sofie