Custom Midway chips follow up

Thanks to all for the feedback on my Midway chips question. I should have included a few more details. These chips I need are for the newer Midway games. Games like Crusin World, Site 4, NFL Blitz. Here are the details on one chip that is found on a few different boards.

It has LSI in a box and under that is LIA 9968

5410-1346500 Midway MFG.CO nni9514 wj77485 Korea

It is a 4 sided SMD chip about 1 inch square.

People have done some amazing things with the older boards when it comes to troubleshooting. But is is the newer boards that still retain value and are usuable if working. I talked to a former employee who worked on Site 4 and he told me that they kept changing systems to keep one step ahead of the hackers. But I have never seen someone copy a Crusin World pcb. So maybe that proves his point.

Well if anyone has any info on the chip above or the newer ones and how to find sources I would like to hear about them. Happ, who bought a part of Midway is running out of many of these chips and they cost a fortune if they have them. Thanks again Original post below.

I have some arcade boards made by the bankrupt Bally/Midway company. There are a number of custom chips that say MIDWAY on them. I am wondering if these were completely made from the ground up specificly for these games or if they are somewhat generic chips with the Midway printed on them. I would think it would be easier to just buy someone elses chips but maybe someone could shed some light on the process that goes into building these boards. I know some of it is because of security but that is what the PAL chips are for? Do they make their own chips so people won't be able to copy the whole boards? because they don't have those MIDWAY chips? I don't think to many people copy the whole boards, do they? I am hoping they are somewhat generic so I can track down some place that has the same chip under a different name. Thanks for the thoughts

Reply to
russ lavergne