remote control for welder ESAB DTD250 AC/DC; connections?

G'day,

Not exactly a repair question, but I think this is the most suitable group.

I'm looking for info on the remote control connection of my ESAB DTD250 AC/DC welding inverter. It is a 12pin connector (NOT 14pin, like Miller & Lincoln use, and some other ESAB machines). I want to build a remote control unit for the welding machine, but without information on the connections of the plug I can't get any further. Tried mailing ESAB, got no response. As if I expected otherwise...

So, does anyone know how to connect an external potentiometer & switch to this connector (12 pins, of which only 7 are used)? Or know where to find more info on the ESAB remote control plug?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Peter, The Netherlands.

Reply to
peter_dingemans