CTC177 can we switch to VIDEO without remote ?

A customer called asking how to switch his TV to the VIDEO mode to watch a DVD movie. He lost his original remote. If I remember correctly, this chassis can only be switched to VIDEO by the original remote. Has anyone tried doing so successfully using the front buttons only ? Thank you.

moonlite

Reply to
moonlite

I have a couple where you select channel 02 then press down channel to get to 00 - video in.

NSM

Maybe with a universal you can "set VCR channel".

Another option might be to autoprogram it with an active input into the video jack.

Ideas anyway, not sure if they'll work.

JURB

Reply to
ZZactly

Hi...

Dunno if it's helpful or not, but with this 169 of recent vertical intermittent notoriety, you select audio/video/svga inputs as "channels"

All I need do is press setup (on the front panel) and then continue pressing it to scroll down. Eventually coming to 3 option lines... vcr1, vcr2, and one other. For each of these I can set a "channel"

From that point on, selecting that channel transparently uses the rear panel vcr1, vcr2, and one other (dish?) inputs.

Take care.

Ken

Reply to