CRT for old Tektronix scope, 564B, R564B, TLDM64

Hi, I have a new Tektronix tube part # 154-0737-00. This is a CRT for scopes

564B, R564B, or TLDN64.

This is new in the original box and looks perfect.

If anyone is interested, please drop me a note.

tube snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Brian

Reply to
S. Reid

"S. Reid" wrote in news:506cg.10853$ snipped-for-privacy@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca:

To note further,this is a bistable STORAGE CRT. Amazing that these still turn up! The 564 was first sold in 1963!

FYI,there's a date code on the CRT showing when it was made,for example;4566 would be week 45,year 1966.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

I have a 564 that worked last time I tried it about 5 years ago. :) But the storage on Tek scopes never was something I liked very much.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Sam Goldwasser

Sam Goldwasser wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@saul.cis.upenn.edu:

I HATED working on storage scopes,especially the 464/466/7834 transfer- storage types of storage. At least bistable storage was not that hard to adjust,and KNOW what you were doing.

And TEK stuck with them far too long,especially for graphics terminals.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jim Yanik

I seem to recall HP has some very nice storage tube technology around the same time.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Sam Goldwasser

It's fun to see that my antique generated a little bit of cheerful discussion. Unfortunately I have a whole garage full of this kind of stuff. :-)

Brian

Reply to
S. Reid

"S. Reid" wrote in news:roMcg.12142$ snipped-for-privacy@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca:

Why don't you put it all on Ebay,generate some cash,and help out some people? It's not doing any good collecting dust in your garage,and takes up garage space.