Peavey XR600 amp oscillation

Hello,

I am working on a PV xr 600 mixer amp that has two amplifier channels on the same board. I replaced smoked and shorted components and the amp does work but it clips early and oscillates on the negative swing of the wave form at about -20 volts driving an 8 ohm load. Funny thing is the waveform is perfect if I touch the heatsink that mounts one the driver transistors. There is also no trace of oscillation with no load. Any one have experience with this??

Thanks, JL

Reply to
jlrsound-group

No help on the problem but, if you need the schematic, all I need is an email addy and I'll fire it off to you.

Tech Data

I worked on a peavey power amp that had blown output transistors - replaced the output trannies and the trannies in the previous stage - but output was very low on one channel - turned out there was a small signal transistor blown that was causing the output limiting circuit to cut in

hope this helps

neilish

Reply to
Neilish