Compaq 2500

Hello there My mate, an ex TV fixer, like myself, was given a Compaq 2500 notebook to repair. 'It's only the USB socket a bit loose' After dismantling (long time) the socket was soon resoldered. On reassembly he ended up with no brightness on screen. Zilch. Many hours later.... same. He was wondering if maybe dissing the little plug/skts had caused the bios or summit to get wiped. Iv'e kown him for many years and he didn't used to swear:) Any info would be appreciated. Ted

Reply to
Ted

This might be a long shot, but . . . . .

Assuming that any of the cables that connect the mobo to the display were not damaged, and were reconnected securely, I'd look for a little button that gets depressed when the display is folded down. This turns the screen off, since no one could see it anyway.

Often, that's a tiny little button, on the bottom part of the laptop, just under the display. It may have not lined up correctly when he reassebled the case and just needs to be freed up.

Keep us posted on how it turns out.

Reply to
Reactor

Does it make POST beeps? Any noise like fans? Plug an external monitor into it?

Reply to
Meat Plow