Cisco soho-91 router

I have this router, and was able to make a console cable to be able to access the CLI to change the configuration, because this router was previously configured for another use and I couldnt not get into the CRWS utility in a browser. I wanted to reset it to default, but I managed to screw up the configuration. so what the problem is I need the software so I can restore it to original factory fresh settings. the software is version

12.2(13)z something, I dont have the exact string from the router. but im sure someone know what version belongs on this router. OR if theres a newer one that works and you have a link to the software please let me know. and dont tell me to go to cisco.com because I already tried that, you have to be a registered and paying person to download the os software. If anyone can help please let me know. Much appreciated.
Reply to
Heavy G

Note: To determine the version, run the shoe version command.

The proper version really depends on what level service contract the purchaser had with Cisco. Restoring the software (IOS) will do nothing to reset the configuration, so I have provided instructions below:

To reset the router to defaults, access it from a console cable, enter privileged exec mode (enable command), and run the erase startup-config command. Run the reload command to reboot the router. The router will now ask you a series of questions to set up a basic configuration. You will now have a base configuration (be patient, this will take some time).

Once you have a working configuration, you should back it up to a TFTP server (free software is available online). You should also back up the IOS since you don't have a support contract with Cisco.

If the IOS is gone, then the only legal way to get it fixed is a support contract with Cisco. This does really stink, but that's just the way Cisco is. Once you get it running, however, it will be very stable - my Cisco 831 has been up and running without any reboots for 1 year, 17 weeks, 3 days, 4 hours, 38 minutes.

Reply to
Jim K

Ahh, thanks for the tips :) the IOS software is still there, but I wasnt sure how to default the router to basic settings and erase its previous configuration, which it had and didnt work for my needs. I have a console cable, I made it from a diagram I found soI am able to get into the router. I will do what you said and then see if it works. thanks :)

Reply to
Heavy G