Carver TX 11a Tuner

FM stations tune and "lock" but stereo light never comes on and no output.

No visible damage or obviously bad components.

Is there a common failure I should look for in this model?

Thank you.

--
Remove -NOSPAM- to contact me.
Reply to

"John Keiser" ha scritto nel messaggio news:cL4xe.10115$dz6.6002@trnddc02...

Have you checked for cold solder joints ?

I.

Reply to
Inty

John,

I'd start by putting a scope probe on the input of the LA3401 multiplex IC and see if the signal is getting that far. I'm assuming that you've checked the outputs of the voltage regulators IC301 (-12V), IC302 (+12V) IC303 (another +12V) and Q301 (+5.6V)?

I've occasionally seen bad trim caps in the front end on some Carver tuners, though I can't remember which models.

Regards, Tim Schwartz Bristol Electronics

John Keiser wrote:

Reply to
Tim Schwartz