Capacitor value, can you help me?

Hi,

I disassembled this damaged (I think...) capacitor from my Fluke 87 1° series. What value is it? May be 1µF?

Thank you very much!

coals

Reply to
coals

Why ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Because the Fluke use up battery also in OFF state. But now I am not sure that this capacitor is damaged, shoud be only a calibration?

coals

Reply to
coals

Looks like a spark-gap device

Reply to
Iain Wilkie

Send your Fluke meter to Fluke service or their rep for proper service. The cap may not be the original problem. You cannot calibrate your Fluke meter yourself, without their dedicated setup, training, and factory service information.

--

JANA _____

I disassembled this damaged (I think...) capacitor from my Fluke 87 1° series. What value is it? May be 1µF?

Thank you very much!

coals

Reply to
JANA

I think it is exactly that.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 09:59:47 +0200, "coals" put finger to keyboard and composed:

"During the early days of the company?s history, Maida developed and manufactured custom tubular capacitors and high voltage ceramic capacitor stacks for the television industry. Other specialized components were later developed such as spark gaps ..."

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Why is that? Is a Weston cell not enough?

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Did removal of the capacitor fix the battery drain problem? If yes then it is likely the problem. You should be able to find a replacement from a parts vendor, or from Fluke. If not, put it back into the circuit and look elsewhere. Are you sure the battery is good? Is it possibly a rechargeable that has reached the end of its useful life?

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net  (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

"In theory, there isn't any difference between theory and practice.  In
practice, there is."  - Yogi Berra
Reply to
DaveM