can a three phase motor work on single phase?

Hello, All!

Is there any way to make a three phase concrete breaker work on 240V single phase UK mains? here is a photo of the label attached to the machine. Many thanks

With best regards, 3T39. E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
3T39

Hello, 3T39! You wrote to All on Fri, 29 Sep 2006 12:12:47 +0100:

T> Is there any way to make a three phase concrete breaker work on 240V T> single phase UK mains? here is a photo of the label attached to the T> machine. Many thanks

OOoops forgot the link

With best regards, 3T39. E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
3T39

You have worse problems than the three phase requirement. This unit runs on 200V and 400Hz.

You need to find a converter that converts from single phase 230V 50Hz to three phase 200V 400 Hz.

Reply to
Thomas Tornblom

Thomas Tornblom wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@Hax.SE:

????? Where in the world is the power 200V 400Hz?

Reply to
Jim Land

400Hz usually means aircraft

NT

Reply to
meow2222

In an airplane? Or an army facility? I have worked in some of them,listening to the 3rd harmonic tone going on all day, a radar facility, and air command centre.

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

... or an IBM mainframe.

minimize spam.  Our true address is of the form che...@prodigy.net.
Reply to
CJT

Just replace the motor, you're not likely to find a VFD that will go up to 400Hz.

Reply to
James Sweet

No problemo. Get one of these:

Homer J Simpson

Some shops used 400Hz power internally for a lot of tools. Probably allowed them to be lighter, less iron core needed in motors AFAIK.

Reply to
Thomas Tornblom

Yes, but also the employees couldn't steal them and use them at home!

Reply to
Homer J Simpson