Any general electronics mags for hobbyists anymore?

Looks like Nuts & Volts seems to have disappeared. Can't get it at any newsstands I used to.

Other than the remaining ham magazines, are there any other electronics mags left for hobbyist?

Reply to
Don Stauffer

I saw an issue here the other day, when it did seem like it hadn't been there for a few months. Perhaps they are suffering distribution problems.

Where you look may be important. They may not want to bother with locations that aren't likely to get sales, or for that matter locations may not want to bother with a magazine that takes up space on the racks but won't sell well.

You can check their website, maybe even ask them if there are distribution problems or a bigger problem:

Not in North America.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

Subscribe ... it's cheaper. There's also "Servo," a relative of Nuts & Volts. Can't leave out Circuit Cellar.

--
Rich Webb   Norfolk, VA
Reply to

The very day I posted this, my regular source had the latest issue. He said indeed there had been some distribution problems.

Reply to
Don Stauffer

There are no more general interest US electronic magazines.

Elektor in Europe is your best bet except because they got in a pissing match with Ed Dell you have to resort to subterfuge to get it.

The other English language magazines are from the UK. Electronics World was the best but I no longer see it very often.

Reply to
Accessory Section 8

There is Silicon Chip (from Oz) - they have both online and paper subscriptions

David

Accessory Secti> Rich Webb wrote:

Reply to
quietguy

Hello, Don! You wrote on Tue, 06 Sep 2005 08:57:02 -0500:

DS> Looks like Nuts & Volts seems to have disappeared. Can't get it at any DS> newsstands I used to.

DS> Other than the remaining ham magazines, are there any other electronics DS> mags left for hobbyist?

Here in the UK we still have EPE

Also available online here and they are offering a free issue to download and check out.

I still see Electronics World in the newsagents, and we also get a mag for the TV service trade which is still hanging on in there

but I think these days they are an endangered species.

With best regards, 3T39. E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
3T39