C band sattelite activity in the US

I still see a fair amount of C band antennas around on private property and I was wondering what if anything is still on there and is any of it still available free? And if it is free how about equipment to receive it? I seem to remember that back in the 80's there was regular programming and networ k feeds that were up for grabs so how has all that changed? Lenny

Reply to
captainvideo462009

Google for "Free to Air C band" and "4DTV".

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

If you want the really good stuff unscrambled get Ku Band capability. You see a lot of college sports and news raw. Plus the dish for Ku is much easier to play with. C band is still happening but most is digital and scrambled these days.

Reply to
dave