Brother MDI-30/MDI-40/PDC-100

Hello, all. The above referenced ca. 1980s MIDI sequencers (termed "Disk Composers" by Brother) all appear to use the same internal 3.5" FDD. The spindle is belt rather than direct driven. I can't find any specific belt info for these devices on line except for the FB-100 Brother drive which was intended for use with their line of knitting machines. I have the MDI-30 and I think a 8.5" or 9" circumference flat belt might work but if anyone can provide some additional detail it would be most welcome. Thanks for your time and comment. Sincerely,

--
J. B. Wood	            e-mail: arl_123234@hotmail.com
Reply to

I just replaced the belt on a PDC-100. I got it from

A 9.8" small square belt worked just fine - their part # SBS9.8. Cost $5.

Reply to
John Fanelli

I expect he's long gone. If not a stationery belt should do the job.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Hello, and I was the OP on this. I subsequently solved my dilemma with a replacement flat belt from Suburban Electronics. They have quite a selection of these small drive belts and at very reasonable prices. Shipping cost is somewhat less reasonable. Sincerely,

--
J. B. Wood	            e-mail: arl_123234@hotmail.com
Reply to
J.B. Wood

JB, why not replace the disk drive with one of these? ::

It eliminates the diskette altogether and instead you use a USB flash drive ?memory stick? to move songs to your computer.

These USB floppy drive replacements are drop-in, plug-in replacements with apparently no fuss.

Reply to
Spare Change

I have a "real" floppy drive that plugs into a USB port. I needed it to install Windows Server 2003 on a Sunfire server.

Reply to
Lucifer