broken LCD small display

ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@a3g2000cwd.googlegroups.com...

avaible

Have a try at the official repair shop, manned by the IT importer/distributor in Italy:

Here:
Maybe you're lucky if they have some scrapes.... Ciao Valerio

Reply to
Fastvale

Hello,

I've found an old handheld transceiver with a broken LCD display (part of it is black even with power off). I think these display aren't repairable, right? So the only hope would be getting an exact replacement. Other ideas?

Thanks

Francesco IS0FKQ

Reply to
francesco.messineo

Correct. You cannot repair a broken LCD, but often replacements are avaible for standard lcds.

Post a make and model number..

Also check out

or
or a site with pictures

- Mike

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

Hello,

Michael Kennedy ha scritto:

Well, all I have from the service manual's part list is LP156-E LCD display. Not much. The transceiver is an Icom IC-02. I guess manufacturers used custom or semi custom display. I can check with Icom if maybe they still have spare parts for this old (80's) transceiver.

Thanks

Francesco IS0FKQ

Reply to
francesco.messineo

It may well be custom, depending on what it displays. If it just displays numbers though I doubt that its custom, possibly just a house number.

- Mike

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

Michael Kennedy ha scritto:

Numbers and some symbols to indicate various functions of the radio.

Francesco

Reply to
francesco.messineo
80g2000cwy.googlegroups.com:

Buon giorno Francesco,

I assume that this is the IC-02AT. I've done some looking around, and it seems very unlikely that you will be able to find a replacement LCD. Apparently, the design of the display was very poor and there were a lot of problems with them. You could try emailing Icom service centers in as many countries as you can contact, but you should not be too disappointed if the answer is no. After all, this radio is around 25 years old. . .

de KE6ALM Matt Mendenhall DM03wv

Reply to
Matt Mendenhall