Long-lasting lcd display

A display unit I made about 9 months ago using an lcd alphanumeric display has gradually deteriorated to the point where all contrast has one, and it is unreadable.

Can anyone advise me what specs or make to go for when I make a replacement unit, in the hope of getting several year's life?

Tony MS

Reply to
TonyMS

Make sure that the drive to the LCD segments and backplanes(s) is pure AC with no DC offset, and make sure you don't overdrive the display.

JF

Reply to
John Fields