BOSE

needing a fix for bose wave radio awr1-1w dead display , unit will not turn on ....... it has the voltages at the regulator .. thanks in advance for any help ......... Jim just a note . the display icons ALL lit up before failure

Reply to
jim

I've got the service manual, but you'll have to bear with me until after Xmas. Just as a matter of interest, I do work for a Bose service agent, and have done LOTS of these, but the symptoms you describe are not any that I have ever had. It sounds a bit system control micro-ish, but may not be. If you would like me to scan the relevant manual bits, mail me off-group, so I remember. Spares may turn out to be an issue, because they are *very* anal about who they will supply.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Look for a bad 1 ohm flameproof resistor in the power supply, near a TO-220 package regulator IIRC, around the middle area of the main board.

MarkZ .

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

I think it needs a new 9 volt backup battery.

Reply to
Nate Scharff

Now it's a _really_really_ overpriced piece of garbage.

Reply to
PhattyMo