Blinking light on Panasonic PV-DV203D

I seem to have a problem with my Panasonic PV-DV203D.

I looked through the manual and found nothing related.

My power light will be ok initially when turned on, but it will only do an action (FF, rec, play) for like 1 second before stopping and switching nearly off and blinking the red LED power light very slowly. I can turn it off and unplug to make it go away, but I only get another second out of it.

No warnings, no nothing but crappy behavior.

I tried with a recharded battery and plugged directly into the power cord, same behavior.

I tried with different tapes just to see, same behavior.

I looked through and searched the manual, nothing.

Any thoughts? Am I screwed out of a $500 (when I bought it) camcorder?

I tried to contact Panasonic but nothing yet... Still waiting. Will call Monday. And I am just a week past my one year warranty.

I have seen a few threads on

but no one appears to really know what is going on...

Any thoughts? Please help!

Reply to
Ed

howard
Reply to
howard

"manualzone.com", about 15 meg file. It lists the relationship between the flashing Power LED as follows: 1 flash "T-Reel Lock", 2 flashes "S-Reel Lock", 3 flashes "Unloading lock", 4 flashes, Loading lock and

5 flashes, cylinder lock.. They also noted that it may be a problem with the F.P.C. [Flexible Printed Circuit] which connects different boards and operating items on the camera. The service manual shows how to fix that error, looks fairly simple.

I took the side off my camera, the square plastic part that says "PUSH Close", fairly easy. You can then see how the camera is loading. Of course, that fixed the problem, and I have put it back together and it works fine. I now have a very large PDF file with more data than I will ever use. But for $20, it was a deal.

--
howard
Reply to

it was it? only to take off cover and it fixed the problem? i have the same problemy with my camcorder, can you tell us how to fix it?

Reply to
g.m.j.

Like I said in my first posting, I got the repair manual which has some good information, but just taking the side off and putting it back on worked for me. I have no idea what problems you are having and I am not a repair person. You might check the FPC (flexible printed circuit) as it is outlined in the service manual.

--
howard
Reply to