Panasonic 5 disc CD mini stereo model:SA-AK25

Panasonic 5 disc CD mini stereo model:SA-AK25,year:may 98,no audio output from what I assume to be front speakers (they are labeled as "low" & connectors are red & black) but what I assume are back or surround sound speakers (they are labeled as "high" and grey & blue).

This unit has IC601=RSN3502 no other audio output IC's,is the IC the culprit (& any other equivalents)? does anyone have any common repair tips as I don't feel like spending hours tearing the thing apart & trying to troubleshoot with it in pieces.Thanks.

Sidney E-mail:sidneybek(at)yahoo.com Dartmouth,Nova Scotia Canada

Reply to
sidneybek

There is no surround on this model. The low and high outputs are for low frequency (sub woofers) and higher frequencies (mid and tweeter) The original speakers have black, red, grey and blue wires. I don't have the unit in front of me right now, but I believe if you activate the subwoofer (button near volume knob) you will get a sub output on the red and black wires. Beware thisoutput may damage a regular speaker that is not equipped to handle all that bass.

Here is a link to a copy of the user manual.

Jumpster Jiver