Best Rated threads in Electronics Repairshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Suitable substitute for a DSC 5D-13 Thermister
(Sorry for the On-Topic post, I'll try not to do it again!) I haven't been able to figure out a suitable substitute for this DSC Electronics (Korea) device - they call it a "Limiting NTC Device" and...
4

I am trying to locate a power transformer
#94-620-01 for a Crate Amplifier.

Sony STR-KS360 Display Dim
Hello, I am have a Sony STR-KS360 5.1 AV receiver I purchased 10 or 11 years ago. It still works well except the display is very dim. It can only be seen if the room is completely dark. The left 10%...
12
12

Panasonic microwave, blown inverter board transformer
Hi, I have an NN-A554W and the transformer on the inverter board has blown. Microwave wouldn't start cooking so I ran it for a moment with the cover off, transformer did a light and smoke display and...
30
30

How do USB players keep track of position.
The devices that plug into the cigarette lighter and play sound from a USB drive through car radio speakers have the ability to remember where they left off, and, even when power is removed from them...
4
4

Mark Bass ,CMD 102P, bass amp of 2011
Owner switched on, blue led came on as normal , but between that and 20 seconds grabbing guitar lead, had blown the mains fuse, no input, usual load. No problem in previous use, may be a drop in...
12
12

Circuit Diagram for TV CVB42001 Power Supply Board
Has anyone got, or know where I can purchase, a schematic diagram, for this TV, Power Supply Board, CVB42001. This board is commonly used in LED TVs. I'm chasing a problem in the output voltage, that...
11
11

Faulty MDS8RW101 - Vantage Controls - 120V Fused Dimming Module
I have a Vantage Controls lighting control system with 6 of these "Fused Dimming Modules" in a chassis. Each Module controls 8 light circuits. One of the dimming modules is faulty as 2 lighting...
4
4

Service Info Needed For Sony TFM-3750WTransistor
I purchased a Sony TFM-3750W AM/FM transistor radio that has the FM antenna wire removed and need to know where it is connected on the circuit bord. Even a picture showing where the FM antenna wire is...
1
1

My network used to work.
My network is set up like this: Charter cable modem -> my Netgear cable modem used as a wireless router -> Airlink secondary router used as a secondary wireless access point. Things were so easy when...
4
4

Where canI can get human blood
I'm a vampire and I need to drink two liters of human blood per week. Had a provider in a hospital but recently passed away. Due to increasing health restrictions is getting harder to get it. Any...
1
1

black and decker coffee pot wiring diagram
I have a Black and Decker coffee maker model # CM1050B type 2. I need the value of the #1 resistor on the control board #HET-BST CM1050-P. Resistor is burned and cracked. It looks like a one watt...
2
2

1983 Sanyo 6400 Betacord VCR won't eject.
Player will play, ff, rewind, stop, pause, but no eject. Any advice?
11
11

Sides get cut off Toshiba 29L1350U, thinking of exchanging for Insignia NS-28E200NA14
I recently bought a Toshiba 29L1350U LED backlit TV. When viewing 480 (No n-HD) widescreen material via the antenna or composite input, the sides get cut off a little, which is annoying when watching...
16
16

Allen and Heath PA CP power amp
Hi, I'm a bit puzzled by this blown power amp, as the design of these things is not really my forte. (I have posted the schematic over on The problem is around the two Lateral Mosfets Q16 and Q21...
22
22

Sony RDR-HX900 has Weak Laser Diode on DW-U15A Burner; Need To Replace or Fix
Sony RDR-HX900 DVD recorder and player (HX900) uses DVD/CD ReWritable Drive Unit Model DW-U15A (burner) which may be the only 'burner' that will work in the HX900 since the burner is matched to the...
12
12

Schematic For Recotron Wireless Speakers?
These things were also sold under the Advent and Radio Shack name. They run on 900 MHz. I have the owner's manual, but it doesn't include any repair info. I actually want to bypass RF and just use...
13
13

Tek 7000 Series Fixtures 067-0655-00 vs 067-0589-00 fixtures
We're running through the calibration on our 067-0587-10 Standardizers and they're failing frequency response. All points lead to the 067-0655-00 fixture going bad, which we only have one of. We tried...
1
1

Are faulty APC UPS's easy repairs or is it throw in the trash?
Hi, I have two faulty APC BackUPS CS500's each with a different fault. The first unit will switch to battery when there is a power cut. However, when the power is restored, it will not switch back to...
9
9

IEC 705-88 Microwave Oven power measurement???what is it?
IEC 705-88 Microwave Oven power measurement???what is it? What is the IEC 705-88 procedure for measuring microwave oven power output? I've googled myself silly. Only thing I found is one Amazon book...
6
6