Best Rated threads in Electronics Repairshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

MCZ3001UB, symptoms of a defective piece.
Sony projector VPL-CX76, Symptom; No secondary supplies, although somehow strangely a little voltage can be measured on one of the opto-couplers (secondary side). Unit comes to me with these...

Learning Electrical Repair
I don't want to pick up another career or spend 20 years learning electrical repair, but I would like to learn something about this area. I don't care for ham radios or tv repair either. But barring...
28
28

Sony PS-LX520 Turntable Power Supply Fault
Hello all... I recently cleaned up and restored to working order a Sony PS-LX520 linear tracking turntable. After that it played beautifully until two nights ago when I turned it on and found the...
5
5

Update: Charging MP3 Player, Coby MP620-4G
Hi, Since my original post, I bought the Coby MP620-4G MP3 player. The OM says to use a "high power" USB port (computer). There is no other information in the OM or at their web site on a recommended...
8
8

Sony PS-LX510
Is there anyone who might be familar w/ this turntable? Problem w/ sticking linear tracking tonearm. I cleaned the dust & dirt off the rail but may need to lube it. What do I use? Also, a source...
8
8

Sharp R-1410A R1410A R1410 Microwave Oven dismounting removal instructions
This is a google bread crumb. Since I just spent a day solving this problem, I'll leave this for others. Keywords: Sharp Microwave Oven Wall Mount Mounting Plate release unmount dismount remove model...
5
5

Source for non polar caps
Need a source for some non polar electro caps. Tried all the usual suspects. values 6.5 uF 25v and 3.3 uF 25v TIA Red
6
6

RCA g35302wk Picutre collapse
I have an RCA g35302wk that has been a great TV for a number of years. Recently it started doing this funky thing where the picture would collapse and you are left with a thin horizontal line all the...
5
5

Fluke 87 LCD
This is a straightforward question. I don't want it to become a megillah or a tsimmes. My 20-year-old Fluke 87 has one or two segments and several enunciators that have dimmed. I assume this is due to...
6
6

Racal 9903 / 9904 counter timer repair
As mentioned in a previous post, I have a Racal 9903 counter timer that I'm trying to repair; I found a manual that, unfortunately, has a vital section of the schematic missing due to a bad scan, but...
3
3

"Dead" Bose Wave Radio model AWR1-1W
Hi, I have a Bose Wave Radio model AWR1-1W in my shop. Customer installed a new 9V battery (time/memory), but this isn't related to the problem of no display and no operation ("dead"). I have no SM....
7
7

SONY VCR error code (2024 Update)
Hi , Having a Sony SLV-N50 with a mechanical problem. It also give me the error code 30109 . Is there a reference somewhere for these error codes ? Tks.
3
3

Gould 450 Oscilloscope
I am looking for the service documentation of a GOULD Oscilloscope (DSO) 450. Can anyone help me with a copy of it or tell me the value of resistor R749? It' s burned out. Ing. L. Crama Netherlands
2
2

Sanyo DS25380 Vertical Problem
I have replaced the LA7841 vertical output ic and got the unit back up and going again, but the ic is getting too hot and vertical linearity is not good. The top part of the picture is fine, but the...
5
5

GE appliance motor date codes?
I bought a used dryer motor/blower/shroud assembly from a local appliance shop and would like to know the date of manufacture and the model series it was originally used in. I've tried many parts...

Identifying Scrap Metal in old VCR's
Every spring, as I do my cleaning, I take the time to strip the metal from all the old appliances I discard. I remove the aluminum parts and strip anything that may be attached to them. The recycler...
3
3

Stav-3200 Schematic Wanted
It's an Optimus/Radio Shack Receiver/Amp. Product # 310-3020 @Radio Shack Aka. Stav-3200 Thars a pile of stuff blown on the output(s). Oh, joy. Anyways... if some kind person could provide a schematic...
1
1

crystal replacement alternative in wireless mic?
I recently pick up a Radio Shack wireless mic at Goodwill for $1. I could hear something in the receiver ratting, so I figured it wouldn't work. I was right. It turns out that the receiver has two...
12
12

Sharp microwave - dim display (sometimes)
I have a Sharp Carousel countertop microwave oven, model R-303CW, vintage 2001 - barely broken in. It works fine, but the LCD display has been gradually getting dimmer. So I found the schematic: and I...
4
4

Component manufacturer logo "DW" in ellipse?
Greetings, group. I just got a board plopped on my bench with diodes from a manufacturer I don't recognize. Logo is "DW" inside an ellipse, with the "D" sans-serif upper-case and the "W" script...
7
7