bent iPod sync port

The edge of the sync/charge port on my 30gb iPod video is bent and I can't hook it up to the charger any longer without damaging something. Since otherwise the iPod is perfectly OK, but Apple won't touch it, I wanted to replace the bent port. Does anyone know if I need to replace the whole circuit board assembly or if it is a stand alone part? It doesn't seem like a huge big deal, but any advice anyone has would be gratefully accepted.

Reply to
Mick

If you want to sell it check out this ad "sell your Ipod for cash"... in the left frame at

geno419

Check out for an identical model with broken display. Or post your own ad for such. Buy for parts and exchange the entire PCB that has the connector.

If I were you, I wouldn't want to un/solder that connector on the PCB...

Good luck,

--
DaveC
me@bogusdomain.net