Battery charger.

Hi, I have a battery charger That take many small radio batteries. The ones i am charging now are the AA batteries.

There is a Ni-CD and a Ni - MH switch.

The question is:

1.What is the difference?
  1. Can damage occor if on the wrong mode?
  2. How long can an uncharged battery be stored?

Thanks in advance

Reply to
VW Internet

different charge rates

yes

indefinitely (assuming we are only talking about the above types of batteries)

Reply to
TimPerry

They will go stale after enough time though, I just got rid of a few brand new NiCD batteries that had sat for a few years and wouldn't take much of a charge anymore.

Reply to
James Sweet

More importantly the charge termination method may be different for each time. This is especially true with fast chargers.

Reply to
djh7097