"Tom Smyth"

** Buy one WES.

Arlec PS664 for circa $15.

.......... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

"Tom Smyth"

** Err - no .

They explode quite spectacularly if overcharged.

** If you wanna wake up with a BANG !!!
** No - it needs to be a BATTERY CHARGER !!

........ Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

What's the cheapest way to make or buy an SLA charger for a smallish (2.6Ah) battery?

Can I just connect it to a car battery? I assume I'd need some of that resistive cable stuff, not just connect it straight to the terminals :)

Is it true that these batteries don't overcharge? Can I leave it hooked up to a random power adapter overnight? The adapter would need to be regulated right?

Reply to
Tom Smyth

Thanks

Reply to
Tom Smyth

Sounds like fun!

Then I would have to wear earplugs.

Damn. Those things cost money :)

Reply to
Tom Smyth

a really cheap way is to have a "high" value risistor in series with the phone line to suck a couple of mA for free!

Reply to
Ed-

Now we're talking!

Reply to