AY-1-5050 functional replacement in 1978 5 octave keyboard

I know fudged modern day plug-in 2 IC equivalents are available but I'd like to make my own.

Its a frequency divider , 7 stages , broken into a few isolated stages but in this use they are chained together so 1 4024 would do and perhaps 1 +

1/6 4049 for buffering. The trouble is the original uses 2 supplies -15V for outputs buffer supply and -27V for the logic. Anyone been here before ?, resistive divider/15V zener ? on the input and running the CMOS 'upside down' between 0 and -15V ?

n cook

like

No, presumably just a gating trannie at the input as a level shifter is all that's required

Reply to
n cook