Octave Bass sound "shape"

Sound colouration setting on Roland Cube 30 Would anyone know if this is how the output looks, on an oscilloscope, for a regular sine shape waveform from a signal generator as an input

for various frequencies. Because of image capture/strobe problem I've coloured in part of the missing

60 Hz shape in the top image. The missing bits on the 160 Hz image are there but feint Above 300 Hz the distortion disappears. No distortion for these bass frequencies when any of the other sound shape options are selected
Reply to
N Cook

missing

Looks as though the definition of "Octave bass" is it adds a subharmonic one octive below the note in question.

That looks like the case for the 60 Hz pic. I'll have to try graphing out such a situation and see what the resultant is at higher frequencies.

N Cook

for

shape

one

confirmed - graphing out on a pc the sum of 2 sines of differing relative amplitude and phase and fixed octave apart produces those shapes

N Cook