Fusible resistors - are they better than Fuse in TV Power Supplies???

I saw the fusible resistors ( typically 1/2 watt. .1 ohm rating. Sony #1-202-933-61 ) used in a lot of places in Sony chassis. Since they are a lot more expensive than fuse ($2 vs 50cents) at the repair level, I am wondering whether they can be replaced with fuses? If yes, what type? (Fast blow/Slow blow), and what amperage?

Any experience/opinion on other manufacturer's chassis too?

Appreciate_It

Reply to
Appreciate_It

NO.. NO.. NO.. Fusible resistors are NOT the same as a fuse.... and since they are NOT the same part, your question about "are they better?" does NOT apply. For safety and proper repair you must use exactly what the manufacturer indicates. electricitym

Reply to
electricitym