Anyone do "flash tests" ?

That is outside of original manufacture. Applying 1.5KV ac or even 3KV between tied (live and neutral) to earth and pass level of leakage maximum of 3mA. I would assume leakage between primary and secondary would be extremely common and fatal to any circuitry further down line. Highly dangerous to operative as well no doubt.

Reply to
n cook

I do a fair bit of schools and local authority ( care homes etc ) equipment work, and when all of this flash testing started a few years ago, I saw many items for repair that had such things as faulty system control micros, and a recently dated test label. I never thought that this type of test was appropriate for this type of equipment in the first place, for the sorts of reasons that you cite.

I guess that this has also now been decided by those responsible for doing the tests, as I have not seen any such problems recently.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Reply to
Art

Whose liability ?

Businesses have to have their equipment tested for safety every so often.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

A couple of years ago, a clown from the local authority came to my sons school and managed to write off a good number of the schools computers.

I was called in to repair the microwave which had failed the "safety test". The guy had no idea what he was doing, just following the instructions he`d been given!

I had to write a report detailing what had happened and the school were eventually supplied with some nice new computers.

Ron(UK)

Reply to
Ron(UK)