Flash , Bottom or TOP?

Assemble the following three tools:

  1. The datasheets for the two flavors of flash.
  2. The latest MAP file with the current boot code size, and perhaps an estimate of what it'll be when it grows up.
  3. Your brain.

Now, using these three tools in concert, decide what chip gives you the best fit for your boot code.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Hi All, Our firmware boot code is at high address ( I say 0 is low address here), our boot code is in the last of file, I want to protect the boot code in flash.

Should I choose bottom or top type of flash rom?

Best regards, Boki.

Reply to
Boki

Hi, Tim, I think we have to use bottom.