Yamaha R3 receiver schematics

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for the schematics for the above radio. I picked up a unit in as is condition at a garage sale. One channel is distorted, and the other channel gets distorted in about 4-5 minutes of operation. I have not made any measurements yet, but the protection circuit does not cut out the speakers.

Thanks, Peter

Reply to
Peter Orban

The first thing(s) to look at would be possible bad solder connections, and cleaning any mechanical-type controls and switches. Farther down the list might be flat-pack type output transistors developing open B-E junctions. This is fairly common on some models, but I haven't seen it on the Yamaha's.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias