Alpine DVD touchscreen

I had a Alpine IVA-300 car DVD player come in with the complaint of no touch screen control. Fired it up a few days later on the bench and the control worked for a short while, then quit. Since the vital controls are only on the touch screen, having no screen controls makes it worthless. I found out if i touched the screen very hard, they would work. But this is not normal. Anybody work on one of these touch screens before and have any tips?

Bob

BOB URZ